Countdown to Commencement!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?msg=Graduation&fg2=ff6724&p0=219&swk=1&year=2015&month=5&day=16&hour=12&min=0&sec=0

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Sailing For Adventure


  

So I have been slacking a little bit on the blogging. But I want to be better, so here goes. One month ago, I stepped off of a plane and into Boston. I had never been there before. My mom, grandma, and I spent the next few days getting acquainted with the charms that Boston has to offer, and saying goodbye to the last of my summer. Then we drove to Cape Cod, and the adventure began. I officially became a student of the SEA Semester program. I met the 14 people I would be living with for the next three months.Through all of October and for the next two weeks, the focus of my life has been learning everything I need to know to sail a tall ship in the Caribbean. 
Classes have been hard, but I've already had some pretty amazing experiences and met some really awesome people! In 4 days, I'll be stepping onto a plane and heading to St. Croix.
All I can say is that it's pretty amazing to think about the places and people that life brings us to. If  you had told me a month ago that I would have a great time with these people; that I would make some really good friends, I might've chuckled and shrugged you off. But it is definitely true. I am grateful for these experiences, and I can't wait for the next half of this program, when we will be sailing the open ocean.

Class C-250, underway and off to see the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment